The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and community is our highest priority. Thank you for taking the time to read Gearhart Ocean Inn’s NEW health and safety procedures.
Gearhart Ocean Inn’s health and safety procedures
As we navigate this changing landscape, our commitment to our guest’s comfort and safety is our top priority. Please partner with us for your own safety and the health and safety of our other guests and our employees.
- Check-In: 3pm. We will leave your room door unlocked and keys, registration folio and pet agreement, if applicable, in your room. After signing the registration, please place it in the basket outside of the Office. If you’d like to check-in at the Office, we would enjoy welcoming you. Please wear a face covering and honor one guest in the office at a time.
- Payment: A credit card authorization is required for check-in. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. We prefer payment via credit card, however we will accept cash, if necessary. If you go directly to your room, we will use your credit card on file.
- Housekeeping: We are providing limited daily service. If you do not want service, please place your Do Not Disturb sign on the outside doorknob. If you would like service, please place the Service sign on your outside doorknob when you’re ready to leave. We remain ecologically conscious by not changing linens daily. We will provide a mesh bag for your dirty linens. Our housekeeping staff will remove the mesh bag with dirty linens and provide a new mesh bag with your clean linens. For our guests in the King Studios, please place your dirty dishes and silverware in the wire basket. We will replace with clean items. Duvets, extra blankets, extra pots and pans for our Suites, plus additional supplies and light service is available, upon request.
- Maintenance Assistance: Our staff is available for assistance and will be wearing masks. We ask that you respect 6-feet of social distance while the staff is in your room or please schedule maintenance assistance with the Front Desk staff, while you’re away from the room.
- Social Distancing: In communal areas, please follow CDC recommended social distancing guidelines of 6-feet apart from other guests and staff.
- Community: Many of the services and businesses in our community are re-opening with restrictions. Our Staff is happy to assist with up-to-date information on restaurants and attractions. Please note: some businesses may require a ‘facial covering’.
- Check-out: Promptly at 11am. We encourage a contactless check-out, please. You are welcome to call the Front Desk when you depart and we will confirm charges and email a receipt.
- Important: If you or any member of your party are sick or showing symptoms of illness, we ask you to choose another date to stay at our Inn.